A few quick picks:
- A SWAT raid back in February burst into a house occupied by a suspected drug user, his wife and seven year old son. Officers opened fire, killing a pit bull and injuring a corgi (?). The suspect was charged with a marijuana offense that resulted in a misdemeanor charge and a $300 fine, and they charged the parent with child endangerment? See Disloyal Opposition for more…
- Reason has a nice summary of the Greek bailout crisis.
- Public Intellectual has a great writeup on free speech in the online context.
- By the way, the proprietor of Public Intellectual is being sued by a man who was caught on video shooting two Huskies and objected the being referred to as a “Barbarian Dog Assassin.” Learn more and donate here.
- And here’s another case of a class-action lawsuit where the lawyers reaped the benefits while the class members suffered.
- Finally, an Earth Day tribute to electricity and the scientists and engineers who tamed it for human use. Pioneers of invention by Sam Atchison.