Some interesting and informative links from around the net:
- Via The Art of Manliness, here’s “How to Survive a Lightning Strike,”
- “Why I Am Not An Environmentalist: The Science of Economics Versus the Religion of Ecology,” by Steven E. Landsburg, excerpted from The Armchair Economist: Economics and Everyday Life,
- Sean Gallagher at Ars Technica describes technology theft and patent fights in the days of analog computing,
- At Taki’s Magazine, Steve Sailer presents some fascinating new evidence in the nature versus nurture debate,
- IEEE Spectrum discusses Japan’s plan for centimeter resolution GPS (H/T Steven J. Crowley), and
- IEEE Spectrum describes how start-up Artemis Networks aims to boost wireless data capacity with its pCell technology, but experts are skeptical.