Welcome to my blog, ÆtherCzar. I’ve written a number of books, including:
- The science fiction techno-thriller, The Hidden Truth,
- A textbook, The Art and Science of Ultrawideband Antennas, and
- A historical study, The Biographies of John Charles Fremont.
I post on a wide variety of topics, ranging from science fiction, to wireless technology, to electromagnetics. Here are a sampling of my most popular posts.
On Science Fiction, Books, and Writing:
- Are There Only Six Basic Story “Shapes”?
- Table of Contents for Atlas Shrugged
- Chronology of Atlas Shrugged
- Engineer as Hero: The Novels of Robert Byrne
- Rave Review for The Hidden Truth from L. Neil Smith’s The Libertarian Enterprise
On Wireless and Electronic Technology Including Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS) and Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID):
- How Full-Body Scanners Work – and Fail
- X-Ray Backscatter or Millimeter-Wave: Can You Tell the Difference?
- Technical Analysis of X-Ray Backscatter Units’ Performance
- Academic Science and the Origins of Technology
- Who Invented RFID: Industry or Academia?
- Wireless Innovation by Small Businesses
- RTLS: False Starts and Misunderstandings
- RTLS: Adcock’s DF Array
- RTLS: Four Novel Approaches
- RTLS: High Frequency Direction Finding (HF/DF) in WWII and Beyond
- RTLS: The Invention of the Long Range Navigation (LORAN) System
- RTLS Updates: Cell Phone Tracking, WiFi/NFER/UWB RTLS, and RFID
- The Navy Navigation Satellite System – A GPS Precursor
- FCC Terminates UWB Docket-UWB Communications Products Emerging
- LED Bugs: An Easy Craft Project for Children
On Physics, Electromagnetics, and Antennas:
- Faraday’s Secret 1832 Letter Reveals Electromagnetic Waves Prediction
- Dirac’s Big Mistake: What EM Tells Us About QM
- The Biconical Antenna’s Three Inventors
- Birth of an Antenna: From Conception to Production
- The iPhone Antenna’s Space Age Origins
- Is Radiation Divergenceless?
- Remembering John Archibald Wheeler
- Electricity and Magnetism for Kindergarteners
Who am I? I’m an inventor with over 40 patents to my credit, an author, and I’m an entrepreneur. I’m a co-founder of Q-Track Corporation – a pioneer in indoor wireless location products, and I currently serve as the company’s CTO. I live in Huntsville, Alabama with my wife Barbara, and my four children. Of course, my opinions are my own, and may not represent the views of my employer, clients, or customers.