Here are some RTLS news items of interest:
- Chinese plans to track cell phones raise concerns: Beijing to track people’s movements via their mobile phones – Computerworld. Hat Tip: @TheSchnack
- Skyhook brings location-awareness to the Sony NGP, including WiFi-only models — Engadget.
- Computer scientists develop smart, less obtrusive tracking system — PhysOrg.com.
- Updating a story mentioned previously on ÆtherCzar (Surveilled Student Finds Tracker, FBI Demands It Back), now there’s a lawsuit: My Way News – Student files lawsuit over FBI’s GPS tracking.
- “5 reasons your hospital needs Wi-Fi RTLS” Hat Tip: @Open_Spectrum.
- Ubisense dropping IPO hints? | Cambridge technology news | Cabume.
- Ekahau RTLS Blog – HOW ACCURATE IS IT? Typically 3m on average. (Hat Tip: @revolutionwifi). Compare to NFER RTLS accuracy, within 1m 80% of the time according to a study presented at 2011 IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium in January.