Some of the latest happenings in wireless, just in time for Wireless Wednesday:
- Steven J. Crowley’s always interesting Experimental License Updates.
- Why broadcasters need FM on cell phones – it’s all about the money. Hat Tip: Steven J. Crowley.
- Wireless guru Shayan Sanyal has a new blog. Check out the debut post: Sky rockets in flight? It’s time to get real about satellite internet broadband.
- The U.S. Navy ordered radio operators to listen for Martians in 1924, according to Daily Galaxy.
- Mandatory cell phone jammers in your car? There will be if Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood gets his way.
- That 22 meter reflector antenna on LightSquared’s SkyTerra 1 satellite? The antenna is having trouble deploying properly. Previously on ÆtherCzar: Orbiting 22m Dish Antenna to Provide 4G Service
- The Air Force warns service members to avoid geolocation services.
- RTLS vendor Awarepoint raised $9M and has a new CEO.
- And Awarepoint CTO, Matt Perkins, discusses ZigBee RTLS.