A recruiter working for Raytheon requested that I pass along the following job posting. Interested in being their Chief System Engineer for Electronic Warfare? Then read on…
About the Company:
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a leader in designing and developing advanced, integrated systems for crucial missions. For decades, SAS has supported military and civil customers with focused, forward-looking technology; today SAS is playing an increasing role in mission systems integration, and electronic warfare specifically.
Raytheon’s customers worldwide depend on SAS to provide best-value solutions, flawless system performance, and the full lifecycle support that assures mission success. Key SAS capabilities include:
- Electronic warfare/EW and precision guidance systems
- Airborne radars and processors
- Electro-optic/infrared (EO/IR) sensors
- Active electronically scanned array (AESA) radars
- Space and missile defense technology
- Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) systems
The current EW business within SAS has focused mostly on ESM and self-protection electronic jamming. Future requirements demand a broader business model that integrates both radar and communications EW including a broad array of Electronic Support capabilities, such as SIGINT/COMMINT.
For more information, visit www.raytheon.com/rsas/.
The Chief Systems Engineer for Electronic Warfare / Electronic Attack / Electronic Protection exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. He/She applies and/or develops highly advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts and is viewed within the company and the customer community as an expert in the Radar and EW technologies.
The Chief Systems Engineer for Electronic Warfare / Electronic Attack / Electronic Protection will assume a key leadership and advisory role to the Engineering organization. The Chief Systems Engineer will need to be cognizant of business execution as they craft the EW technical roadmaps that align with SAS’ strategic direction.
In addition to deep technical expertise, the successful candidates for this role must exhibit fine-tuned communication and presentation skills to interface with senior level executives at Raytheon and with our customers. Ideally the successful candidate has demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams of technical experts to resolve challenging technical problems.
- 20+ years related work experience
- Excellent technical expertise
- Experience in the design, performance, and operational utility of Radar and EW systems
- Detailed knowledge and ability to develop innovative solutions to the war fighter’s needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with senior level executives and customers
- Ability to effectively lead teams of technical experts to resolve challenging technical problems
- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance and Special Access – SAP/SAR – of paramount importance.
Flexible within the United States; could be based at any number of offices with high EW visibility, including but not limited to Goleta CA, El Segundo CA, McKinney/Dallas/Ft Worth TX or Washington DC.
Master’s Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Mathematics or related discipline
Contact: Christina Ramstein email@example.com