A few updates:
- The FCC has granted Garmin’s request for an extension of the waiver allowing transmission of digital GPS coordinate data on GMRS. Hat Tip: Steven J. Crowley
- Trimble acquired RFID vendor ThingMagic. Hat Tip: VeryFields RFID
- GS1 Hong Kong announced the winners of the Hong Kong RFID Awards 2010:
- Ubisense founder Richard Green was awarded Ernst & Young UK Science and Tech Entrepreneur of the Year 2010. And UWB RTLS vendor Ubisense was a Deloitte Fast 50 winner.
- If you access social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter over an unencrypted WiFi connection, a new Firefox add-on, “Firesheep,” can snag your passwords and enable someone to hijack your account. Another Firefox add-on, Force-TLS, makes these sites use an encrypted https connection, foiling Firesheep.