It was a busy week to have been out on vacation. Here are some RTLS and Location-Based Services links to help get caught up:
- My employer, NFER® RTLS vendor Q-Track, unveiled an updated website, took second place in the Global Security Challenge, West Coast Final, and was featured in RFID Journal for a successful firefighter location trial. Earlier coverage here. Also, here’s a video of the prototype of Q-Track’s new proximity detection and collision avoidance system, now with several successful customer deployments up and running.
- WiFi® RTLS vendor Ekahau offers a really cool “heatmapper” WiFi signal strength survey tool for free download, and recently completed a RTLS deployment at a Helsinki clinic.
- UWB RTLS vendor, Ubisense, introduced a tri-mode tag and updated their Transit Yard Manager.
- WiFi® RTLS vendor, Aeroscout, reports a record year.
- Patent Gives Facebook Broad Power Over Mobile Location Networking [Update] | BNET. More on some prior art.