Convergence Systems Limited offers a $3,000 RTLS starter kit including:
- One (1) CS5113LP Master reader/anchor with Ethernet
- Five (5) CS5111LP slave reader/anchor
- Ten (10) CS3151 asset tags
- Mounting tripods & hardware
- Location engine software
- Samples applications, Documentation, SDK, and source code available via download here.
- Additional support via ticketing system and forum
More information at RFID.Net here. It uses a variety of 2.4 GHz approaches. A good video is below. They get 1m accuracy in a line-of-sight environment with no clutter and lots of receivers. They get 2m accuracy in a “really cluttered” environment. Unfortunately, it’s hard to assess how cluttered it is from the video since the video only shows a limited view of one corner of the indoor test area.