It’s been a busy week, so here is yet another RTLS/RFID update:
- Mark Roberti of RFID Journal has a new blog entry on the RFID Privacy Conundrum.
- From the Daily Californian, New Backpack Makes 3D Maps of Buildings H/T: Ericsson Labs
- Harris unveils firefighter location system. H/T: Stephen J. Crowley
- Dr. Who visited MIT and left his Tardis atop the MIT building.
- I’m about half-way through my serialization of the history of RTLS. The first half of the story is available in a draft conference paper submitted to the 2011 IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium: Origins of RF-Based Location.
- Finally in case you missed it, my company, Q-Track, released videos this week of a successful trial of a Firefighter Location And Rescue Equipment prototype, and a prototype system for tracking miners.